Thursday, January 29, 2009

These are a Few of my Favorite Things...

While I might disagree with Maria (from The Sound of Music) about raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, and warm woolen mittens, I definitely think snowflakes makes my list of favorite things. I thought I would start my first blog by listing and describing a few of my favorite things. Lucky for you, I am not going to make my favorite things into a song:)

I know at this point, you are on the edge of your seat wondering what my favorite things might be, so I will get to it! :) As a disclaimer, this list is in no particular order.

1. SNOW
First of all, I LOVE snow! It is beatiful and fun to play in. I especially love it when it snows on Christmas...this doesn't happen too often here in Virginia, but every year I hold out hope! I also enjoy just sitting and watching the snow; it is so peaceful and calming to just sit and watch snowflakes drift slowly to the ground. And, I would be lying if I did not say that probably my favorite thing about snow is getting snow days!! This is definitely a huge perk of being a teacher:)

2. THE OFFICE AND LOST


These are my two favorite TV shows, interestingly, they are pretty much COMPLETE opposites! The Office is great because you just laugh the entire time! It requires no thinking, just watching. If you have never watched this show, I highly recommend you give it a try! Lost on the other hand is extremely complex, maybe too much so, but I'm hooked and a faithful follower:) If you have not watched this one, you should try it, but you've got to start with season one.

3. NETFLIX
My favorite discovery of the year! Unlimited movies...mailed to you, and you can watch them online!

4. EATING

I feel like the picure above pretty much sums up my love of food. My plate is usually a bit more full, but I hadn't gotten to everything yet:) My favorite food ever is my dad's lasagna, which is what you see me eating above.

5. DANCING


I love dancing! By no means am I good at dancing - I don't have much rhythm, but I still have a blast!!

6. SPENDING TIME WITH FAMILY

My family is pretty silly, and when we all hang out together there is always lots of fun and laughter!

7. HANGING OUT WITH FRIENDS


Having good friends is one of the great joys and blessings of life! I am lucky to be very blessed with some great friends that I have a lot of fun with!

8. TRAVELING


I love traveling. In the past three years I've been to Canada, the Bahamas, Florida, Texas, Greece, North Carolina, Spain, and this summer Andrew and I will be going to Egypt for 3 weeks! The two places on my "Must Visit" list are Australia and Ireland...we'll get to them someday! :)

9. MY MINIFAMILY

I'm not sure what to say here. Andrew is the love of my life and I can't imagine life without him! Napoleon is a very demanding "princess," but he's adorable and we love him:)

10. GAMENIGHTS
Boardgames are a new passion of mine. I love them! Gamenights are a particularly fun way to play boardgames...what better way to play games than by adding friends and food?? I like all games, from the more serious ones (i.e. Scrabble) to the more silly ones (i.e. Last Word). If you are every up for a game night, let me know!! :)
And that wraps up a few of my favorite things. I obviously have many more things that I love, but it really would probably get rather boring if the list got too much longer! Hope you enjoy the upcoming weekend! :)

5 comments:

  1. I kind of like you too. ;)

    Nice job getting all these great pictures up here...but maybe a little too much pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!! Yay another to add to my list that I follow regularly...so keep updating cause you KNOW I'll be reading!:) I love hanging out with you too...so we need to get together for fun friend time soon! Maybe a game night? XOXO I wish I lived closer so we could have fun ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you love board games. Game night when we're out there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess and Kristie...I LOVE games and I'm up for a gamenight anytime and anyplace!!! :)

    ReplyDelete